Dear Students, Staff and Benefactors,
Our commitment at La Salle High School and College is to provide a safe and intellectually challenging environment that will empower students to become innovative thinkers, creative problem solvers and inspired learners prepared to thrive with the spirit of zeal to be the positive contributors to serve humanity in the modern era.
We believe that High standards and expectations for each student in regard to academic performance, co-curricular participation, and responsible citizenship are the foundation of our school. It is with pride that we hold these high standards and ask each of our students to commit to maintaining the extraordinary record of achievement and contribution that has been the legacy of La Salle High School and College. It is the contribution of our students to our school community that makes La Salle High School and College an exceptional learning Community.
Full participation in academic, and co-curricular programs as well as willingness to act responsibly as an individual within our educational environment are the factors that enable all to have a successful and enjoyable year. We all know that the real goal of education is not to create people who understand only the language of technology; but it should also impart a culture of the heart based on spiritual and human values.
Below are our beliefs regarding teaching and learning that we develop as part of this process.
We believe that effective teachers:
- Create opportunities for intellectual risk-taking, collaboration, problem-solving, and application of classroom learning to real life situations.
- Implement strategies that promote ownership of learning to students.
- Design instruction to integrate a variety of innovative technological tools and resources to enhance learning.
- Demonstrate ongoing professional growth in order to increase the quality of instruction.
- Collaborate with colleagues as one family to share and discuss exemplary practices, interpret student performance data and design assessments that promote twenty-first century skills.
We believe that successful students:
- Communicate in a meaningful way for a variety of purposes and audiences;
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to the precision and nuances of written, visual, and aural medium through comprehension, interpretation, and evaluation;
- Apply critical and creative thinking skills to solve problems.
- Pose questions, examine possibilities, and apply skills to find solutions to authentic issues.
- Make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness;
- Contribute to the local and global community in a collaborative and respectful manner.